Come and join us!
Our mission is to advance health care by researching and bringing solutions to market for digital medicine, bridging medical imaging, image-guided therapy, and healthcare informatics. To this end, we work closely with various clinics and physicians to change medicine together and to bring new developments and ideas to fruition.
- Excellence in science - advancing the state of the art in medical image computing through discovery and innovation
- Excellence in engineering - turning the results of scientific progress into practical tools
- Excellence in translation - creating components for medical products and providing joint innovation and consulting to our partners
- An ideal fusion of fundamental research and industry
- Versatile teams - challenging tasks in interdisciplinary, multinational groups
- Colleagues with a wide range of backgrounds and career stages learn with and from each other through close project cooperation
- People from all over the world are welcome and enrich the team with new perspectives and experiences
- An attractive workplace - enabling the success of employees by reaching goals, self-development, creativity, and flexibility
- Economic success - achieving a strong financial basis for exploiting new opportunities and for self-initiated research
- Close cooperation with clinics - transfer of current research and latest developments into clinical use
- Exciting research - developing digital medicine for the benefit of as many people as possible
- Optimally equipped work environment with customized hardware and software resources
- Interdisciplinary teams that bring together diverse interests and skills
- Individualized opportunities for personal development: attendance at worldwide conferences and conventions, continuing education and training in the Fraunhofer network, and the opportunity to complete a doctorate program and receive institute support
- Reconciling work and family life through flexible working hours, various working time models, subsidized access to a nearby daycare center, and a parent-child room
- Comfortable working atmosphere with flat organizational structures and friendly colleagues
What we expect from you:
- University degree with above-average marks
- Enthusiasm and passion for scientific topics
- Intercultural competence and language skills
- Sense of responsibility, being initiative and open-minded
- Ability to work in teams
- Interest in medical issues
- Ability to work independently and on one's own
Fraunhofer MEVIS Receives the "FamilyLogo"
The "FamilyLogo" has been awarded to Fraunhofer MEVIS by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft in recognition of our outstanding work-family balance. We support our employees with flexible working conditions, part-time contracts, parental leave, special daycare options, and childcare during business travel and emergencies.