Tobias Preusser and Matthias Guenther appointed deputy institute directors of Fraunhofer MEVIS
The Executive Board of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft has appointed two long-standing colleagues as deputy institute directors of Fraunhofer MEVIS:
- The mathematician Prof. Dr. Tobias Preusser, employed at Fraunhofer MEVIS and its predecessors since 2003 and head of the Modeling & Simulation group. Since 2009, Dr. Preusser also holds a professorship for Mathematical Modeling of Medical Processes in the Department of Mathematics & Logistics at Jacobs University Bremen.
- The physicist Prof. Dr. Matthias Guenther, who joined Fraunhofer MEVIS in 2009 and heads the Imaging Physics group, which operates a 3-Tesla MRI scanner at the University of Bremen. Dr. Guenther also holds a professorship for Magnetic Resonance Physics and Spectroscopy in the Department of Physics/Electrical Engineering at the University of Bremen since 2009.
After Prof. Ron Kikinis left Fraunhofer MEVIS on March 1 this year, Prof. Horst Hahn was appointed sole director of the institute, which had previously been run by a dual leadership. With the appointment of Prof. Tobias Preusser and Prof. Matthias Guenther as deputy institute directors, Fraunhofer MEVIS strengthens its management structure and continues to foster a cooperative and participative working environment.
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Preusser (mevis.fraunhofer.de)
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Guenther (mevis.fraunhofer.de)
- Press release “A Prestigious Appointment at Harvard” (mevis.fraunhofer.de)